The Langham, Auckland is now looking for a part time Steward to join our experienced Stewards team. This department is responsible for the cleanliness of our Kitchen, Food & Beverage outlets and Staff Cafeteria.
The successful candidate will be required to work approximately 3-5 shifts per week (inclusive of weekends and evenings), with the possibility to increase hours during peak periods.
Please note we will not be considering student visas at this time.
About the Company
The Langham, Auckland is renowned for quality, timeless luxury and genuine service. Featuring 411 elegantly appointed guest rooms and suites, dining, meeting and function facilities, and the lavish haven –Chuan Spa .
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintain hygienic and sanitary conditions in all food preparation areas
- Ensure that all cleaning is carried out in accordance to Food Hygiene Regulations and the appropriate Health and Safety Legislation
- Monitor the storage and maintenance of all chinaware, glassware, silverware, kitchen hardware and other operational related items
- Ensure that all hazardous chemicals and materials are stored in a secure environment
- Ensure that all buffets are set up and cleared on time and meet hotel standards
Skills & Experience
- Experience in a similar role will be highly regarded
- Strong time management
- Flexibility in working hours, evenings and weekends are essential. The majority of shifts will finish between 1- 2am in the morning so you must have reliable transport to get home safely
- Impeccable presentation & grooming
- NZ permanent residency or NZ/Australia citizenship, or a current New Zealand work visa valid for at least 12 months
(Please note this position will require someone to work over 20 hours per week so, we won't be able to consider student visa's at this time)
In return for your bespoke service and dedication to the hotel, we will offer you:
- Amazing team and challenges
- Great development opportunities
- Discounts on dining and accommodation
- Duty meals
- Discounts on car-parking
- A complimentary night at our hotel
and the list goes on! If you want to work in a oasis of luxury dedicated to Knowing our Guests, CLICK APPLY NOW!
Please note in line with our environmental policy, we accept online applications only.
(Personal date collected will be used strictly for recruitment purposes)