We are on the hunt for a dedicated & eager Sous Chef who can hit the ground running in this high volume and busy kitchen.
Situated in the heart of Takapuna, The Elephant Wrestler is a local favourite. Featuring a large bar, restaurant, live music and our outdoor room. The Elephant Wrestler is the most intriguing little big bar on the Shore. The Elephant Wrestler is part of Barworks Group who own and operate 21 sites across Auckland, and can take your Hospo career to great heights. Check as out at www.elephantwrestler.co.nz
We are in need of a full time, experienced Sous Chef, to commence work with us. You will work with our established team to create top notch dishes whilst also controlling costs and pushing to be the best.
This exciting opportunity to be part of the kitchen team requires you to have a minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role and will require you to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
* Understanding of controlling food and wage costs
* The ability to “step up” in the Head Chef’s absence
* Sound technical cooking skills in all sections of the kitchen
* A hands on approach to getting the job done
* Ability to multi task and work well in a busy environment
* The ability to manage a section efficiently
* Supervision and training skills
* A flair for preparing and serving high quality meals
* Manage food and wage costs in accordance with Head Chef’s requirements.
* Ability to deliver regular on-the-job training to develop the skill levels within the kitchen team.
This is a full time role which will require both weekend and night work. Fluency in English is essential as you will be communicating with a large team in a busy environment. In return we can offer you competitive remuneration, job security, a supportive management team and opportunities for personal and professional development.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Sound like you? Hit the apply button now and attach your CV and cover letter. Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.