We are looking for an outgoing, friendly and well-organized Assistant Manager in our restaurant based in Britomart and Newmarket.
We need an assistant manager who can perform well in a busy workflow with a positive attitude and good customer service.
It is a permanent full-time position. Hours and days of work may vary, so applicants must be reasonably flexible with time. You will be responsible for the management of daily operations of restaurant to provide satisfiable catering services to customers.
The successful applicant will have an outgoing personality, knowledge of Japanese foods, be well presented and enjoy being kept busy in the restaurant management works. A good salary or wages will be offered to the successful applicant.
The successful applicant would require to have a diploma or higher qualification in Hospitality or Tourism Management with 1 year or more of relevant work experience.
- Planning menus in consultation with Head Chefs
- Planning and organising the special catering
- Maintaining the store's revenue, profitability and quality goals
- Maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards
- Maintaining records of stock levels
- Arranging the purchasing and pricing of goods according to budget
- Coordinate daily Front of the House store operations
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints
- Regularly review product quality and research new vendors
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations
- Manage store's good image and suggest ways to improve it
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly and annual revenues and expenses
- Recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads)
- Train new and current employees on proper customer service practices
- Implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations
- Selecting, training and supervising waiting staff
- Lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced environment
- Store runs smoothly and customers have pleasant dining experiences.
- Deliver a high-quality menu and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service